Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stepping outside the grotto, so that's what people call the SUN

After some wild, windy and wet weather the sun decided to shine on us today, so we headed out for lunch at a cafe and a walk on the beach .. I thought it would be novel that the first photos I share actually be taken outside the grotto:

This is my daughter, and incidentally I did NOT know she was going to jump in front of me when I took that shot .. In fact I thought she was some distance off to my left so you can imagine my surprise!

Along with Christmas and Summer the caravans and back-packers will be here soon, but thankfully (like 9 months of the year) we had the place all to ourselves ..

Other interesting(?) facts of the day: I finally drilled holes in a couple of old wine-barrel halves and planted an elderberry tree and some strawberries at it's base ..

6 comments:

  1. It's so pretty there! I hope your elderberry and strawberries do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly :)

    It really is 360 degrees of stunning here, and I hope to share that through my blog/photos ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutley stunningly beautiful where you live! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a paradise....and your daughter reminds me of mine...lol.

    Will you be making wine from your elderberries? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. More likely I'll use the flowers for cider and champagne style drinks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making a wine from dried elderberries. It has a very unique taste. Not sure if I'm going to like it???? I just added some oak to it to see what that will do.

    ReplyDelete